The Dean of Students Office (DOS) values its diverse student population and tries to meet its students’ needs by providing a variety of services, programs, information, and opportunities. We are a central point of contact for students to resolve issues, further explain the policies and procedures of UNM, and identify resources throughout the campus.
The Dean of Students Office is committed to creating opportunities for student success, and we believe in a challenging and supportive institutional approach to development of the whole student.
- We value integrity, empathy, transparency, and innovation.
- We have served as our students' primary advocate at UNM for over 100 years, and have a deep respect and appreciation for the rich history and traditions of the Lobo community.
- We celebrate diversity through inclusion and serve all students with respect, compassion, and absent of any judgment.
- We believe that in order for students to achieve success, they must learn to self-regulate and self-manage.
- We enrich the academic experience by engaging and involving students through authentic outreach and services.
- Our long-standing history and understanding of the UNM landscape provides us with the knowledge to educate students about campus resources, help students become UNM-savvy, and orient students toward the tools required for their success.
- As members of the greater campus community, we collaborate with the whole university utilizing our academic and institutional connections to help students build knowledge, develop marketable skills, and grow both personally and socially.
- We are here to serve students and place a premium on providing exceptional customer service that is both compassionate and holistic.
- As a team, our strengths include a wealth of diverse experiences, backgrounds, and institutional knowledge, thus equipping us to best serve students during critical moments.
The Dean of Student's Office houses several offices within its doors:
Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities
8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
Closed during UNM Holidays and snow days
University Advisement and Enrichment Center, Room 280
Dean of Students Office
MSC 06 3600
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131