Short Term Loans
The Dean of Students Office offers students short term loans for emergency situations, should the student meet the following loan requirements:
- Students must have a 2.0 or higher GPA
- Students must be enrolled for at least 6 hours (unless it is during summer or intersession semesters – see below)
- Students cannot have more than one short term student loan out at a time with the University
- Students cannot be regular full or part-time UNM faculty or staff members earning benefits (student employees and work-study students are eligible)
- Students can only receive up to two short-term loans per semester
- Students will need to repay their loan within 45 days
- Students cannot have a past due balance of more than $100
- Students can only receive up to $800.00 for an Emergency Short-Term Loan
*During summer school a student must be either enrolled for summer or be enrolled for at least six hours for the fall semester.
*During intersession a student must be enrolled for the following semester.
Visit the Dean of Students Office to apply for a Short Term Loan.