Many Faculty members see students in the classroom everyday. In an effort to provide faculty with some helpful resources to assist with challenging situations, which may fall outside of the curriculum of the course they are teaching or the nature of their academic relationship with students, please see the following resources below:
Suicide Prevention 101: Agora Crisis Center. Faculty, Staff and Students can contact Jen from Agora to learn more. firstname.lastname@example.org Agora offers their training on a regular basis or by appointment. If you are a faculty member in need of a space to host this training, please contact the Dean of Students Office, and we can possibly help.
LGBTQ Safe Zone Training: UNM LGBTQ, http://lgbtqrc.unm.edu/services/safe-zone-trainings.html
The LoboRESPECT Advocacy Center offers in-person trainings covering the following topics:
- Grey Area Sexual Misconduct Training during New Student Orientation
- Sexual Misconduct Prevention
- Bystander Intervention
- Healthy & Unhealthy Relationships
- Hazing Prevention
- Bullying Prevention
Transgender 101: The Transgender Resource Center of New Mexico (TGRCNM) offers exceptional training on transgender lives and issues for ANY class, workplace or group that invites them. For trainings on this topic, please contact the UNM LGBTQ Resource Center, or the Transgender Resource Center at http://www.tgrcnm.org/training-and-education/
Office of Equal Opportunity Trainings: http://oeo.unm.edu/
- Preventing Sexual Harassment in Your Workplace (Workshop)
- Preventing Sexual Harassment - 2010 (Online Training)
- Civil Rights at Work at UNM (Workshop)
- Americans with Disabilities Act: An Overview (Workshop)
Dean of Students Office: The Dean of Students Office offers trainings to help faculty who are working with difficult students.
- Dealing with Difficult or Disturbing Student Behavior- To schedule this training, contact the Dean of Students Office at 505-277-3361 and ask for Rights and Responsibilities.